Vietnamese family meal tray
A typical meal for the average Vietnamese family would include:
1. Cơm trắng – Large bowl/pot/cooker of steamed long – grain white rice
2. Bát ăn cơm – Individual bowls of rice
3. Món mặn – Fish/seafood, meat, tofu (grilled, boiled, steamed, stewed or stir-fried)
4. Rau luộc/Rau xào – A boiled or stir-fried vegetable dish
5. Dưa muối – Raw, pickled or Rau sống – fresh vegetables .
6. Canh – a clear broth with vegetables and often meat or seafood.
7. Nước chấm – Prepared fish sauce for dipping, to which garlic, pepper, chili, ginger or lime juice are sometimes added according to taste – at the centre of the tray so everyone can dip
8. Hoa quả tươi – Fresh fruits or tráng miệng – desserts , such as chè at the end of the meal.
(Collect by VietnameseAlphabet.com)